Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Moo Lawn Roo Zghjj



Sooooooooooooooooo

I saw Moulin Rouge last night...I saw parts of it a lo0ong time ago, but finally watched it in its entirety at an age that I can actually interpret the film.

Can I just say it was epic?

Moulin Rouge is fantastic from almost any perspective...I'm not even a fan of musicals and I adored it. Then again, that may be due to the fact that all the songs (except 1) are cover versions of other songs like Roxanne (best musical sequence I've ever seen, btw).

My only real gripe is that the one song that was actually written for the movie, "Come What May," isn't as gripping and emotionally sensational as its pretentious introduction and finale would have you believe. Then again, I saw it at 11 at night in a living room running off an Xbox 360, so perhaps the theatrical setting would have suited its sentimental value a bit better.

Nonetheless, I loved it, practically every minute of it. This isn't an official review from me, more just a short opinion I'm giving. To give it a rating though, I'm going with:

9.0/10

-Kyle Shelton

No comments:

Post a Comment